Centre for VLSI design with Cadence tools was established in 2003 in the name of Prof. Magdy A. Bayoumi, Fellow IEEE ,University of Lousiana , USA.
- Full fledged design suite for semi custom and full custom design
- Xilinx based design suite for FPGA prototyping
- Tech and B.Tech projects up to GDSII/OA using Cadence tools
- Organization Life Membership of the IETE was obtained in 2010
- Department has received Rs 10,80,000 from AICTE under MODROBS scheme for the modernization of Communication lab
- Department received 3 DRDO projects worth Rs 27 lakhs with Prof. Sengupta as the Principal Investigator
- Department is actively involved in the development of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) with Dr. P. Subramanyam as the principal investigator. The project provides a centralized platform for providing a collaborative research and development environment with faculty and students. College has invested an amount of Rs 6.5 lakhs into this project